Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Rated R

I am a proud Rihanna groupie. She is a bad ass bitch & no on can say anything different! Her 4th album , Rated R, just dropped yesturday & I personally think this shit slaps!!! She took a totally different approach this time. Like it sounds completely different from anything she has ever done before, ever. Not only has her voice matured & improved, but she also switched her style up. In this album she's cocky, sexy, & bold as hell. My favorite song on the cd is G4L. It's pretty much a girl version of Down For My Niggas by C-Murder ft. Mystical & Snoop Dogg (way old school, so if your not up on game then your missing out! lol) . I also like Photographs, Mad House, Wait Your Turn, Hard, & Rockstar 101 (which has Slash on the guitar fyi). I can't believe that this once little innocent island girl said muthafucka, bitch, shit, & nigga all in one song. I know its not that serious, but compared to the material she's done in the past this is a huge change. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I dig it. I'd give the album a solid B, cause there are a few songs I don't fuck with. She co-wrote about 8 of the 13 songs on the album, & you can really tell that the lyrics are a lot more personal. Guess it is true; once a good girl goes bad, she gone forever! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment