Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All Hail McQueen .

For all of those who do not know, Tyra Banks has come out of retirement & re-signed a new contract with her old agency, IMG. Her first quest was a knowable one, a homage to the late Alexander McQueen. She posted on her website:
"McQueen was considered royalty in the fashion community. I feel like a queen whenever I wear his clothes (especially the stunning blue dress I wore for this shoot)! I hope that you like the royal tribute that Andre and I (and lil' Gianni too!) put together for him! It’s old royal fashion meets new royal looks designed by fashion royalty. McQueen had a flare for the dramatic and a love for fantasy. I would like to think that he would have loved these photos. "
The images are a collection of renaissance royalty, relevant to McQueen's last show for Fall 2010. The makeup, the wardrobe, the hair, the accessories were extremely elegant & romantic. Very Alice & Wonderland-ish though. One thing that is obvious is that Tyra has not lost her touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment