Friday, July 9, 2010

Oscar Grant

For all of you who do not know, last year a man named Oscar Grant was shot & killed by a bart police officer. He was unarmed & handcuffed. Yesterday, the "police officer" who killed his innocent man execution style was charged with involuntary manslaughter, which only has a sentence of two to four years. Being that this happen in Oakland, of course there was a riot. From the video's I've seen & what friends have told me it got completely out of control. Since when was looting Foot Lockers & Sears change anything? People always make up an excuse to steal! I completely understand that this was an unfair verdict, I'm surprised & angered myself. However creating more violence in Oakland isn't the way to go. People who aren't from there already thing of it as a dangerous place. Honestly, I do not know what will change anything at this point. I'm not a law major, I don't agree with the judicial system & want nothing to do with it. It is corrupt & unethical. What I do hope is that we as a community learn from this unfortunate situation. Everyone please keep Oscar's family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment