Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This is NOT Okay.

So, if you haven't been paying attention to society then you may not have noticed the great increase of teen pregnancy happening in America lately. Everyone is being effected by it. 35% of young women who are sexually active become pregnant at least once before they are 20. I personally know SEVERAL young women who I went to middle & high school with who are now mothers. I'm not particularly saying that this is a bad thing because I one of my good friends is now a mom & everyone if fully entitled to make their own decisions, but this topic has become an epidemic. Many of these young women aren't ready to raise a child because their still a child themselves. Babies raising babies just lead to troubled childhoods. There are exceptions of course, but I'm just saying in general. One example that has opened my eyes & made me smh is this new movie on LifeTime called The Pregnancy Pact.
For all of you who have watched Lifetime should not be surprised by this, since all this network does is makes movies about teen pregnancy, runaways, STD's, ect. I feel like their objective is to make American mothers paranoid! Anyway, I've been seeing advertisements for this shit everywhere & it really makes me sad. These little bitches in Gloucester, Mass., none older than 16, all had a pact to become pregnant at the same time so they could raise their children together. Mind you they do this without consent of their boyfriends. This story is actually based on a real case which happened back in 2008. It airs January 23rd, so watch is you want to be amused/annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment